Au Ver à Soie
Au Ver à Soie® is a family business founded in 1820 in Paris, France. We produce and manufacture silk threads for Haute-Couture, leatherwork, restoration, embroidery, jewellery and even fly fishing. We also offer a large range of wools for tapestry and crewelwork, as well as silk ribbons and metallic (one ply and braided) threads for all kind of purposes.
All our silk threads are manufactured in France to ensure the best quality regarding the product itself and the dyeing process. We sell to professional and retailers all around the world, from the UK to Singapore, the US, Chile, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand.
Our pure silk threads
The pure silk comes directly from the spinning of cocoon silk fibres. It is the shiniest silk.
Our threads made in pure silk are:
- Soie Perlée: A 3-ply twisted filament silk that is smooth, soft, and lustrous. More than 290 colours.
- Soie Ovale: Flat silk that is a low twist filament silk that is a smooth, and lustrous. More than 110 colours.
- Soie Gobelins: An assembly of 2 strongly twisted strands of intense brilliance. More than 110 colours.
- Soie de Paris: An assembly of 6 strands of intense brilliance easily separable. More than 110 colours.
- Silk Chenille: Available in two different varieties for two different effects: ‘velours’ and ‘satin’. More than 20 colours.
- Silk Ribbon: Ribbons are weaved from pure silk and dyed on skeins to achieve the perfect colour-homogeneity. More than 60 colours.
Our Spun Silk Threads
The spun silk comes from the worsted silk spinning and the threads are made in spun silk:
- Soie d’Alger: An assembly of 7 strands easily separable. More than 630 colours.
- Soie 1003: A blend of 3 strands of moderate brilliance. More than 390 colours.
- Soie Surfine: A blend of 2 strands of moderate brilliance. More than 260 colours.
Our other products
We develop complementary products to our silk threads such as metallic threads, wool and laces. We also create discovery and shades packs.
- Braids (4-8-16): Soft and very strong braids perfect for any needlework or handicraft.
- 1 fil (1ply): To be used by itself or with another thread to create a highlighting effect
- Antique: A fine thread with an "antique" luster.
- Gimp: Gold or silver thread to be couched.
- Bourdon: A very bright 1 ply gimp cord available in 2 different thicknesses.
Silk braids and laces:
A range of 100 % silk braids and 100% silk laces for jewelry, perfumery, embroidery and decoration. More than 20 colours.
Fine d’Aubusson wool:
100% Merinos skeins (8 m in 4 plies) developed by Au Ver à Soie in collaboration with La Route de la Laine. More than 120 colours.
Packs Découvertes (discovery packs) allow you to try several of our products with selected colours.
Packs Nuances (shade packs) gather 6 selected colors of a same product
Fly tying threads and Fishing silk lines:
Special range for fly tying and fishing available on the website of our flyfishing department: pecheasoie.com